It is common to rent out an apartment fitted with a kitchen. Most tenants expect a fitted kitchen to be part of a rented apartment.
We currently do not offer kitchen fitting. If your apartment is newly built the construction company may be able to connect you with a trusted kitchen seller and kitchen installer.
Where Home can help
If we already have the keys to the apartment we can help with three things:
- Provide access to the apartment for the kitchen seller or installer, both for site measuring and for the actual installation
- Take pictures of the kitchen
- Update the apartment listing with the pictures and description
Key duties of the landlord
As you buy the kitchen from a kitchen seller and/or installer, the main duties lay with you:
- Ordering the kitchen including exact sizes, materials, electrical appliances etc.
- Paying the kitchen seller and kitchen installer. These may be two different companies and they may ask for an advance payment
- Legally taking over the kitchen from the kitchen installer
- By taking over the kitchen you confirm that it is free of any defects
- The takeover is usually directly after the installation while the kitchen installer is there to discuss and document any defects you may discover
- We recommend you conduct the takeover personally or send a trusted agent
- Alternatively you can arrange with the kitchen installer to send pictures and videos that document their work in detail.
Please note: Home cannot legally take over the kitchen from the kitchen installer on your behalf. At our very competitive price we can neither provide the on-site expertise to fully evaluate a specific installation nor can we assume the financial risk of overlooking defects.
We can also not provide any settlement of payments between the kitchen seller or installer and you, especially no on-site cash payments.