Once the agreement between you and Home to manage your apartment has been concluded, we ask you to share additional details and documents about your apartment directly in your personal account. We also ask you to schedule a handover, where we check for relevant requirements (see below) and allow you to request your desired dates (Mo-Sat, 8-18h) for handing over the apartment. Once submitted, we will revert within 2 business days to confirm an appointment via email. For all apartments signed before February 2021, the sharing of documents as well as the scheduling of the handover happens via email.
Process and requirements
Please use the below list to assess your handover-readiness. If any of the requirements are not met during the handover, we will have to reschedule and you will be charged for the costs of the professional photographer.
- The handover by the developer or previous tenant has taken place
- A fitted kitchen is available or will be installed shortly. We accept apartments without kitchens but would not recommend this, as it is harder to find a tenant
- All keys are available
- The apartment is uninhabited
- The apartment is empty and clean
- The basement is empty and clean
- All light switches and sockets work
- All windows and doors work perfectly
- All radiators (or underfloor heating elements) work
- Cold and hot water works
- The kitchen and all built-in appliances work
- (Beauty) repairs of all kinds are done, walls are free of holes and painted
- All meters for water, heating and electricity are accessible and free from defects
During handover on-site
We'll meet on-site to
- document the condition of your apartment in detail
- take all meter readings
- take over the keys
- make professional photos and videos for the upcoming promotion
All handovers are carried out by partners professionally trained by Home. Important: please settle all relevant questions with our support ahead of time and upload all documents in your user account digitally. On site, our partner will only accept the keys.